Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 5: Retro-Style

Like most kids, I liked to roller-skate.  I was a cautious kid, and the fear of God was put into my head at a young age as to what would happened to me if I dared to venture past the end of the driveway, so I never got up to warp speed or anything.  Even with the fad of roller-blades in the 90s, I never really practiced enough to get beyond the point of being able to go around in very slow circles on somewhat even pavement. (God forbid if I had to actually try and stop myself!)  Anyway, couple roller-skates with some wonderful fashion trends of the 70s and 80s, and you get today's sketch: tube socks.  Not what you were expecting, right? Well, before you go and start cracking dirty jokes, I decided that this sketch was going to be more family friendly.






Apparently they're back 'in fashion', and available in lots of different colors and styles, too!  However, not only did I grow up in the 80s, I spent 12 years in Catholic school, so I will not be sporting knee-length socks anytime soon.  So, with childhood images of fashion as my inspiration, I present my daily sketch:

No comments:

Post a Comment