Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 6: Disney Fungi (?!?!?)

I had a real urge to draw something cute.  Cute-sy cute. Almost kawaii - like, even.  But, alas.  When I sat down to draw a sketch like that, it just wasn't flowing.  I guess after almost a week, I'm not 'loose' enough yet.  I still need some direction, some guidance, when I sketch.  The sketchbook prompt of choice today was ......mushrooms.  Mushrooms! 
Ok, if you don't know, I am a Disney fan. A big Disney fan.  Not a Disniac, but a really big fan. (For those of you who don't know what a Disniac is, read Cast Member Confidential by Chris Mitchell. You don't have to be a Disney fan to appreciate it.  Trust me, it's really entertaining......and you'll never look at Disney the same way again.)  So, combine my love of Disney with my desire to draw something cute, add in the oh-so-inspiring 'mushroom' prompt from my sketchbook, and you get.........the Nutcracker Suite from Fantasia! (Huh?) You know, Tea from China............? Ok, I'll back up a bit.  The movie Fantasia showcases several animation segments set to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite.  One of those segments is from the Land of Sweets in the second act, and called Tea from China, or, more popularly known as the Mushroom Dance from Fantasia.


Look! How cute are these little guys??  This was always one of my favorite parts to watch when I was little, and it's such a shame it's such a short piece.  But, as soon as I saw that my sketchbook said to draw mushrooms, I knew I had to draw these little guys!  It took me a bit, just to get focused, but I wanted to draw neat and clean for this one, no sketch-y lines.  I'm pretty pleased with the results, too.


Bonus!!! I found the clip on YouTube.  Enjoy! (My favorite part is 0:57. So Cute!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment