Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 8: Comic Relief

About three summers ago, I filled in for my husband at his summer job while he went on a teaching interview.  He was teaching an intense art program at an art gallery, and they wanted another qualified teacher to fill in. Enter myself, mid-week and mid-lesson.  Since the kids already knew what was going on with the project, I just helped them out when needed, offered suggestions and guidance, and mainly handled mess management and the like.  The week I subbed, the course the kids were taking was Cartooning, and their project was to design a comic book cover.  Since I didn't have to teach the lesson, just offer help when needed, I decided to design my own. I decided that since my husband wasn't there, I'd involve him in my concept.  I came up with a variation on a doodle-character that I liked to draw, and incorporated some of my husband's interests. Behold: The Adventures of HUNTER GIRL! Creatures Of The Forest...Beware!!!


She has a wonderfully maniacal grin, don't you think? *wink* Anyway, even though this is an older sketch, I was tossing around the idea of using it as a project idea for my own summer camp this year.  Also, since I've never added color to it, that might be the next step I'll take with this.  Look for a colorized version in a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment